Tracklist Hide Credits
Vocals – Laurie Anderson
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Disques Dreyfus
- Copyright (c) – Disques Dreyfus
- Published By – Francis Dreyfus Music
- Published By – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Made By – PolyGram Dischi S.p.A.
- Marketed By – PolyGram Dischi S.p.A.
- Printed By – Graphyche Magica 2000
- Art Direction [Album Cover] – Mark Fisher
- Bass – Marcus Miller
- Composed By, Producer, Edited By [Ethnic Vocals Processed By], Keyboards, Electronics [Electronic Devices] – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Copyist – Didier Egea, Mark Suozzo
- Design – Kate Hepburn
- Design [Assistant] – Fiona Doulton
- Drums – Yogi Horton
- Engineer [Mixing] – David Lord (tracks: A1, A2, B2, B4, B5)
- Engineer [Recording] – Daniel Lazerus
- Guitar [Additional] – Ira Siegel
- Guitar, Effects – Adrian Belew
- Keyboards [Additional] – Frederic Rousseau*
- Mixed By – René Ameline (tracks: B1)
- Musical Assistance [Assisted By] – Denis Vanzetto, Pierre Mourey
- Producer [Production Assistant] – Frederick Rousseau*
- Research [Ethnologist] – Xavier Bellanger*
- Tape Op – Alan Moulder, Maureen A Thompson*
NotesMisprinted labels issue of this release (see images)
Released with a printed inner sleeve
Recorded at Klinton Studio, New York. [Clinton Recording Studio in the database]
Mixed on Sony PCM 1610
℗ 1984 Disques Dreyfus, Paris
© 1984 Disques Dreyfus, Paris
Laurie Anderson & Marcus Miller appear courtesy of Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Adrian Belew appears courtesy of EG Records.
The human voices heard on this album were created from recordings of speech and song. The original recordings were made in the following languages: Aboriginal, Afghan, Arabic, Balinese, Buhndi, Chad, Chinese, English, Eskimo, French, Gabonese, German, Hungarian, Indian, Japanese, Madagascan, Malayan, Pigmy, Quechua, Russian, Sioux, Spanish, Sweedish, Tibetan, Turkish. They were edited and transformed using different electronic devices.
Keyboards and electronic devices: Fairlight CMI, Emulator, Moog 55, ARP 2600, DX7, Prophet V, OBXA, AMS, Simmons SDS V, Matrisequencer, AKS, EMS Vocoder, Eminent, Doctor Click, Linn 1, Linn 2.
Special thanks: Bob Telson, Dominik Troiano, Kris Parker, Michel Geiss, AMS, Lazare Electronic, Music Land, Fred Bova, Denis Sergent, Nicolas Jiddings, Michael Sukin, Merril Wasserman, Jean-Pierre Lafont, and Sony France.
Made in Italy
℗ & © 1984 Disques Dreyfus
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: S.I.A.E.
|FDM 18118||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (LP, Album)||Disques Dreyfus||FDM 18118||France||1984|
|823 763-1||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (LP, Album)||Disques Dreyfus, Polydor||823 763-1||Germany||1985|
|823 763-2||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Disques Dreyfus , Polydor||823 763-2||Russia||Unknown|
|824 750-4, 824750.4||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (Cass, Album, RE, U-c)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||824 750-4, 824750.4||France||Unknown|
|824 750-1, DLP 2002||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (LP, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||824 750-1, DLP 2002||France||1985|