- Artwork By [Cover Design] – Babs Richardson, Dana Swan
- Chorus – Atlanta Philharmonic Chorale
- Narrator – Betty Vaughn
- Other [In Memory Of] – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Voice Actor – Brenda Hall, Eddie Dodson, Jack Holt, John Bascom, Larry O. Barnett, Letitia King, Michael Langford , William C. Pryor
- Voice Actor [As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ] – Rev. Arthur Langford, Jr.
NotesRecapturing the essential roots of contemporary Black History
A portrait of: Martin Luther King, Jr.
This play recreates the most moving moments of Dr. King's life. Presented as a one man tribute to king's spiritual mission, Rev. Langford, Jr., recaptures the inspiration, eloquence and forceful leadership of the man called "A Twentieth Century Moses", and the "Apostle Of Nonviolence".
Rev. Langford, Jr., who has totally mastered Dr. King's style, relieves the momentous career of this diligent worker of human rights. Included in this one man production are renditions of Dr. king's most significant writings.
Rev. Arthur Langford, Jr., an Atlanta City Councilman and community leader plays Dr. King with startling accuracy. His one man performance was first presented in Ebenezer Baptist Church which King co-pastored. On King's birthdate in 1973, a special performance was given before 8,000 in Atlanta. These two plays are Atlanta's unoficial gift to the American Bi-centenial. The play has been performed 349 times.
* Recorded live at the Atlanta Civic Center - January 12, 1977.
© SAS Records - 753 Charlotte Place, N.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30318
© Rev. Arthur Langford, Jr. - DU-7514
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): MA 1555-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): MA 1555-B