|A2||Love Is A Simple Thing||3:00|
|A4||Far Out East||4:30|
|B1||What's My Name?||3:44|
|B2||If You Were The Only Girl In The World||5:08|
|B4||Body & Soul||4:17|
- Record Company – Verve Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Metropolitan Studios, New York
- Recorded At – Beltone Studios
- Bass – Henry Grimes
- Conductor, Arranged By – Ernie Wilkins (tracks: A1 to A4)
- Cornet – Nat Adderley (tracks: A1 to A4)
- Drums – Roy Haynes (tracks: A1 to A4), Charles Wright* (tracks: B1 to B4)
- Guitar – René Thomas (tracks: A1 to A4)
- Piano – Dick Katz (tracks: A1 to A4)
- Supervised By, Liner Notes – Leonard Feather
- Tenor Saxophone – Sonny Rollins
- Trombone – Billy Byers (tracks: A1 to A4), Frank Rehak (tracks: A1 to A4), Jimmy Cleveland (tracks: A1 to A4)
- Trumpet – Clark Terry (tracks: A1 to A4), Ernie Royal (tracks: A1 to A4), Reunald Jones (tracks: A1 to A4)
- Tuba – Don Butterfield (tracks: A1 to A4)
NotesTracks A1 to A4: Recorded in New York City, July 11, 1958, at Metropolitan Studios.
Tracks B1 to B4: Recorded in New York City, July 10, 1958, at Beltone Studios.
Original 1958 mono pressing. This album was recorded in 1958 with the mono pressing being released the same year and then the stereo came out in 1959 followed by the 1962 stereo and mono pressings. This pressing had the late 50's Verve labels with the trumpet player in the upper left.
Tracklisting differs on rear cover compared to side A labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: (Side A) V-8430-A
- Matrix / Runout: (Side B) V-8430-B
|E 1002||Sonny Rollins||Sonny Rollins And The Big Brass (LP, Album, Mono)||MetroJazz||E 1002||US||1958|
|V-8430||Sonny Rollins||Brass / Trio (LP, Album, Mono, RE)||Verve Records||V-8430||US||1962|
|MV 2082||Sonny Rollins||Brass And Trio (LP, Album, RE)||Verve Records||MV 2082||Japan||1974|
|UCV 2555, UCV2555||Sonny Rollins||Brass And Trio (Cass, Album, RE)||Verve Records, Verve Records||UCV 2555, UCV2555||Japan||1981|
|424536-1||Sonny Rollins||Brass And Trio (LP, Album, RE)||Verve Records||424536-1||Spain||1989|