Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Backing Vocals – Becky Lopez, Bunny Hull, James Ingram, Julia Waters, Maxine Waters, Oren WatersCo-producer, Arranged By [Horn], Backing Vocals, Other [Bathroom Stomp Board] – Michael JacksonOther [Bathroom Stomp Board] – Nelson Hayes, Steven RayPercussion – Paulinho Da CostaSynthesizer – Bill Wolfer, Michael BoddickerWritten-By – M. Jackson*
|A2||Baby Be Mine
Arranged By [Vocal, Rhythm, And String] – Rod TempertonKeyboards – Greg PhillinganesProgrammed By – Anthony Marinelli, Brian BanksSynthesizer – Michael BoddickerWritten-By – R. Temperton*
|A3||The Girl Is Mine
Arranged By [Rhythm], Piano – David PaichArranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Jerry HeyArranged By [Synthesizer], Synthesizer – David FosterArranged By [Vocal] – Quincy JonesConcertmaster – Jerry Vinci*Featuring – Paul McCartneyGuitar – Dean ParksWritten-By – M. Jackson*
Arranged By [Vocal, Rhythm, And String], Synthesizer – Rod TempertonEffects – Bruce Cannon, Bruce SwedienProgrammed By – Anthony MarinelliRap – Vincent Price Synthesizer – Brian BanksWritten-By – R. Temperton*
Co-producer, Other [Drum Case Beater] – Michael JacksonElectric Bass – Steve LukatherGuitar [Solo] – Eddie Van HalenKeyboards – Bill WolferRecorded By [Guitar Solo] – Don Landee*Synth [Synclavier] – Tom BahlerSynth [Synergy] – Greg SmithSynthesizer – Steve PorcaroWritten-By – M. Jackson*
Arranged By [Strings] – Jerry HeyCo-producer – Michael JacksonConductor [Strings] – Jeremy LubbockGuitar – Dean ParksSynthesizer – Greg SmithSynthesizer, Programmed By [Synthesizer] – Bill WolferWritten-By – M. Jackson*
Arranged By – David Paich, Steve LukatherArranged By, Synthesizer – Steve PorcaroPercussion – Paulinho Da CostaWritten-By – J. Bettis*, S. Porcaro*
|B4||P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
Arranged By – Quincy JonesArranged By, Keyboards [Portasound], Handclaps, Backing Vocals [Additional] – James IngramBacking Vocals [Additional] – Howard HewettBacking Vocals [P.Y.T.'s] – Becky Lopez, Bunny Hull, Janet Jackson, LaToya Jackson*Electric Bass, Handclaps – Louis JohnsonHandclaps – Michael Jackson, Steven RayHandclaps, Programmed By [Synthesizer] – Greg PhillinganesVocoder – Michael BoddickerWritten-By – J. Ingram*, Q. Jones*
|B5||The Lady In My Life
Arranged By – Rod TempertonWritten-By – R. Temperton*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Licensed To – CBS Records
- Printed By – Shorewood Packaging Co. Ltd.
- Arranged By [Horn] – Jerry Hey (tracks: A1, A2, A4)
- Arranged By [Rhythm] – Michael Jackson (tracks: A1, B1, B2), Quincy Jones (tracks: A1, A3, B1)
- Arranged By [Vocal] – Michael Jackson (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B2)
- Bass – Louis Johnson (tracks: A1, A3, B2, B5)
- Drums – Jeff Porcaro (tracks: A3, B1, B3, B5), Ndugu Chancler* (tracks: A2, B2, B4)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Steve Bates
- Engineer [Technical], Recorded By [Additional Sound Sources] – Matt Forger
- Flugelhorn – Gary Grant (tracks: A1, A2, A4), Jerry Hey (tracks: A1, A2, A4)
- Flute – Larry Williams (tracks: A1, A2, A4)
- Guitar – David Williams (tracks: A1, A2, A4), Paul Jackson* (tracks: B1, B4, B5), Steve Lukather (tracks: A3, B1, B3)
- Lacquer Cut By – timtom*
- Other [Emulator] – Michael Boddicker (tracks: B2, B3, B4, B5)
- Photography By – Dick Zimmerman
- Piano [Rhodes] – Greg Phillinganes (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B2, B5)
- Producer – Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones
- Programmed By – Steve Porcaro (tracks: A2, A3, B1, B3)
- Recorded By – Bruce Swedien
- Recorded By [Additional Sound Sources] – Humberto Gatica
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Bruce Swedien
- Saxophone – Larry Williams (tracks: A1, A2, A4)
- Sleeve [Lettering] – Mac James
- Sleeve [Styling] – Valadé / Design Pool
- Synthesizer – David Paich (tracks: A2, B3, B5), Greg Phillinganes (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B1, B2, B4)
- Trombone – Bill Reichenbach (tracks: A1, A2, A4)
- Trumpet – Gary Grant (tracks: A1, A2, A4), Jerry Hey (tracks: A1, A2, A4)
NotesThis version differs from Thriller- there is no 'epic" credits at 6 o'clock on labels
Very similar to Thriller but have credit to Michael Jackson as co-producer
Management: Weisner/DeMann Entertainment and Joe Jackson.
Recorded at Ocean Way Recording Studios, Los Angeles, Ca.
Paul McCartney appears courtesy of EMI Records
Copyright Control (Tracks A1, A3)
Rondor Music (Ldn.) Ltd. / Rodsongs (Tracks A2, A4)
Comes in a Gatefold sleeve with Lyric inner sleeve.
Rear of sleeve states: "Interepak by Shorewood Packaging Co Ltd England" written in same handwriting as the rest of the text on the sleeve. Interepak is a mis-spelling of Interpak.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Label Code: LC 0199
- Rights Society: MCPS/BIEM
- Other (Rear Sleeve): CB 281
- Other (Rear Sleeve):
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): EPC 85930 A2 TimTom
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): EPC.85930-A4
|QE 38112||Michael Jackson||Thriller (LP, Album, Pit)||Epic||QE 38112||US||1982|
|EK 66073||Michael Jackson||Thriller (CD, Album, RM, S/Edition, Gol)||Epic||EK 66073||US||2009|
|EPC 85930||Michael Jackson||Thriller (LP, Album, Gat)||Epic||EPC 85930||UK & Europe||1982|
|EK 38112||Michael Jackson||Thriller (CD, Album)||Epic||EK 38112||US||1985|
|EPC 85930||Michael Jackson||Thriller (LP, Album)||Epic, Suzy||EPC 85930||Yugoslavia||1983|