Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By – Emerson, Lake & PalmerLyrics By – Blake*Music By – Parry*
Arranged By – Keith EmersonPercussion – Carl Palmer
|A3||Still....You Turn Me On
Written-By – Lake*
|A4||Benny The Bouncer
Written-By – Emerson, Lake & Palmer
|A5||Karn Evil 9 (1st Impression - Part 1)
Lyrics By – Lake*, Sinfield*Music By – Emerson*Vocals – Emerson*Written-By – Lake*
|B1||Karn Evil 9 (1st Impression - Part 2)
Written-By – Lake*, Emerson*
|B2||Karn Evil 9 (2nd Impression)
Written-By – Emerson*
|B3||Karn Evil 9 (3rd Impression)
Written-By – Lake*, Emerson*, Sinfield*
- Distributed By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Distributed By – WEA Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Manticore Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Manticore Music Ltd.
- Published By – Manticore Music Ltd.
- Published By – Boosey & Hawkes
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Produced At – Advision Studios
- Mastered At – Atlantic Studios
- Design, Art Direction – Fabio Nicoli Associates
- Engineer – Chris Kimsey, Geoff Young
- Organ, Piano, Harpsichord, Accordion, Synthesizer [Custom Built Moog Synthesizers], Synthesizer [Moog Polyphonic Enssemble] – Keith Emerson
- Painting – H.R. Giger*
- Percussion, Synthesizer [Percussion] – Carl Palmer
- Photography By [Photographs of Keith, Greg and Carl] – Rosemary Adams
- Producer – Greg Lake
- Vocals, Bass, Electric Guitar [Zemaitis Electric 6 & 12 Sting Guitars] – Greg Lake
Notes℗ & © 1973
A2 - An adaptation of Ginastera's 1st Piano Concerto, 4th Movement.
This is the actual first UK release of the album, and it was pressed in the USA by Atlantic Records at Speciality Records Corporation (SRC logo on runout: large S with R and C in the loops).
This 1st pressing was released on November 19, 1973 in both the US and the UK at the same time. US copies had -F stampers on both sides, UK copies had G- stampers on both sides.
The US disc and the Atlantic "Rock 4" inner sleeve were imported back into the UK and housed in the UK first edition sleeve with the catalogue number K53501 on rear and spine and Manticore logo distributed by WEA Records Ltd on rear.
Later issues were printed with a Manticore/WEA catalogue number. Original pressing comes in a fold out jacket and a poster.
Below the Manticore logo, there is a misspelled "Manicore" on rear. That was corrected already on the first, non-hybrid, 100% made in the UK Brain Salad Surgery release, which had vinyl made in the UK and presented also the fold out jacket and the poster.
Published by Manticore Music Ltd., BMI except "Toccata" - Boosey & Hawkes, ASCAP
Original cover painting by H. R. Giger by arrangement with the House Of Ideas, Zurich.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): ST-MC-732991
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): ST-MC-732992
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched): ST-MC-732991-G (Large S with R and C in the loops) AT
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched): ST-MC-732992-G (Large S with R and C in the loops) AT
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched, variant 1): ST-MC-732991-F (Large S with R and C in the loops) AT 1-4
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched, variant 1): ST-MC-732992-F(Large S with R and C in the loops) AT 1-4
|VICP-60637||Emerson, Lake & Palmer||Brain Salad Surgery (CD, Album, RM)||Victor||VICP-60637||Japan||1999|
|719124-2||Emerson, Lake & Palmer||Brain Salad Surgery (CD, Album, RE)||Atlantic||719124-2||Brazil||1990|
|K453501||Emerson, Lake & Palmer||Brain Salad Surgery (Cass, Album)||Manticore||K453501||UK||1973|
|VICP-64644~5||Emerson, Lake & Palmer||Brain Salad Surgery (CD, Album, RE + CD, Comp + RM, Dig)||Victor||VICP-64644~5||Japan||2009|
|74321 87123 4||Emerson, Lake & Palmer||Brain Salad Surgery (Cass, Album)||Castle Music, BMG Russia||74321 87123 4||Ukraine||2001|